
One of the young women I work with at church turned 16 yesterday. I made her this candy bar cake to help her celebrate. I found a pic. of one on Splitcoaststampers and thought I'd create my own. I used fun size snickers bars. Detailed instructions:

First, I cut 16, 3 1/2 x 2 inch pieces of Designer Series paper. I then wrapped the paper around each Snickers bar and closed off with double stick tape. I cut a piece of styrofoam to approx. a 3 1/2 inch circle. My foam was 2 inches thick. Then I put double stick tape around the outside of the foam and stuck the Snickers around it. I got 12 bars to stick around the sides. I wrapped the outside with a piece of ribbon and tied it in a knot.
I cut a 4 inch circle out of Pretty in Pink CS and added flowers punched from the 5 petal flower punch. I taped this to the top of the foam.

For the top of the cake I took one Snickers that didn't have DSP and stuck 1 Snickers to each side of it.



I wrapped ribbon around this layer and stuck it to the top of the base layer.

The "Sweet 16" sign was made with So Very, Tall Tales Numbers and Boho Backgrounds stamp sets. Ink is Choc. Chip and Purely Pomegranate. TFL!

2 comments:
How can I compete with that?
Wow! This is so cute and amazing! I bet she loved it. Last night I made plain chocolate chip cookies with walnuts for three neighbors. Two plowed our monster driveway, (two separate occasions of course), and one for the Haycocks who are mourning the death of their son. I asked a gal at the health store what to do for skin problems. She wanted to know what specifically-I said bumps and itching. She said too much sugar causes it. Do you eat too much sugar? She said she was suffering also. Ugh! So I really will try.
Love ,
Mom
Post a Comment