Tuesday, November 3, 2009

8 Weeks Until Christmas

I know! I know! I'm a few days off, but it's all for a good reason. My friend Julie and I spent all day Friday canning apple pie filling. Holy cow! It is sooooo good! I've never made it before but I'm afraid this will be a new tradition. We canned 32 quarts, half of which are mine, and we used about 1 1/2 bushels of apples. I got one bushel of Pink Lady apples and 1/2 a bushel of Granny Smith apples from the farmers market. Yummy! I just love the farmers market.

Today's card is made with the Little Leaves Sizzlit and a hole punch.

Supplies
Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Kraft, Certainly Celery, Old Olive
Ink: Black
Accessories: Little Leaves Sizzlit, hole punch, pastels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Apple pie filling sounds fabulous!! You'll have to give me your recipe. What fun. It would be fun to get together with Melanie, Marci, and Shelley and bottle it together.
The Peace Love Joy card is awesome!! Is that a stamp that can be purchased out a current catalog?
Love you,
Mom

Stelanie said...

I LOVE that card!! Great job on the bottling :) Remember when we used to make bread together? Good times :) Love ya, Mel