Friday, May 28, 2010

A Tender Day



Today I went to the funeral of a friend whose baby lived only 17 min. He had a known chromosomal defect and was not expected to live at all, so it was a miracle that he lived for 17 minutes. She believes, as do I, that because Jesus Christ lived and died for us all, she will see her baby again and that he will be a part of her family forever. So, even though it was sweet and tender and a little sad, the funeral was a celebration of life and the gift of our Savior. Her daughters sang and played on the guitar two beautiful musical numbers. Carston, my youngest, and a good friend sang "A Child's Prayer" and I played Carston's part on the flute. You can hear a version of the song here (click on Words and Music under "Recorded Music," then click the play button in the left-hand corner):


There was not a dry eye in the congregation. I couldn't look out towards the congregation because I knew I would start crying and not be able to play. I'm so grateful we were able to be a part of this special day.

I made her the following card...


No comments: