Thursday, December 4, 2008
The holidays are definately here!
I can't believe it's been so long since I've written! I can tell the holidays are here because I have this intense desire to accomplish so many things, but find the days slipping through my fingers. I'm trying to keep the right perspective. Brady learned Mon. that a friend at school lost his house to a grease fire the day after Thanksgiving. The fire started at night and his friend had time to grab a pair of shorts and his cell phone. The house burned to the ground. I asked each of my kids what they would grab if our house were on fire and they had time to grab two things. Answers were interesting but it led into a great discussion of what is really important. What a blessing everyone got out safely. My heart goes out to this family of 6 who will now go into the holidays with nothing. And yet, I can't imagine they aren't thanking the Lord that they are all alive. Like I said, I'm trying to keep the right perspective. I feel I need to show more gratitude and appreciation for all that I have and all the wonderful people in my life. Little by little each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment